Since October 2011, Google has gradually hidden away data about the keywords used by people to find your site.
The “Not Provided” Kit is a set of simple add-ons for Google Analytics (put together by me – @danbarker) to help you understand what’s happening now that data is absent. It won’t fix the problem, but it may bring other insight around ‘not provided’ visits.
- Your Current Percentage: A single-chart dashboard showing your current ‘not provided’ percentage (ie. how much open data remains).
- Full Dashboard: A full dashboard of trends for ‘not provided’, including graphs, metrics, and breakdowns by browser, device, etc.
- Detailed Report: A more detailed custom report showing full landing page info for not provided traffic.
- ‘Not Provided’ Segment: An advanced segment allowing you to see any Google Analytics reports for just ‘not provided’ traffic.
- ‘Keyword Known’ Segment: An advanced segment showing any report only where Google organic keyword data was known.
- A ‘Not Google’ Segment: This ‘Non-Google’ organic search segment shows you data only where you do have perfect keyword data from other search engines that you can act on.
(Click the above link to add all/some of the 6 addons to any Google Analytics account)
Feel free to drop me a note on Twitter (@danbarker) with any questions, feedback, or requests for additions.